Teach at a rural school in Kenya
Many poor children and orphans are likely to drop from school in Kenya due to several reasons which include; cultural practices like early marriages and female genital mutilation (FGM), poverty, HIV/AIDS, inadequate facilities, high cost of education post primary, high school dropout rate, poor management and supervisory and under-staffing due to free primary education and lack of skilled teachers. The most affected are girl child and orphans. We have opportunities for volunteer teachers to assist with teaching at primary, secondary and technical schools.
- Providing support to children with mathematics, reading and writing on an individual, class or small group basis
- Giving extra help to children with special needs
- Offering English lessons
- Helping to develop programs for learning activities and adapting appropriate materials
- Motivating and encouraging pupils
- Assisting with marking and correcting work
- Attending meetings and reviews
- Helping with school events, trips and activities.
- We also have opportunities at early childhood development through nursery schools for those interested offering services for young children.
- Basic teaching skills for this volunteer opportunity are an added advantage but not a requirement.
- College students, recent University graduates, professional teachers and lecturers on vacation, retired teachers can apply.
- All the teaching positions are in Rift valley province which has spectacular tourist attraction sites.
What we offer to our Volunteers
- We offer training and orientation
- We offer accommodation and three meals a day for the whole volunteer period
- We provide language/Cultural Support.
We welcome the following categories of volunteers
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Fill the Volunteer Application Form and submit to us. You can also Email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We provide a low-fee and pocket-friendly volunteer programs. Join us today and create positive impact in our community is a very cost-effective way.